Tami Brothers always wanted to live a fun, sexy and exciting life. But when her clumsiness left her with an aversion to high heels, her fear of wardrobe malfunctions cut out those plunging necklines, and her skydiving instructor politely suggested she take up golf; she decided the only way to keep from breaking her neck would be to write about such a life.
When she’s not glued to her desk typing her “adventures” she’s a wife, mother, Program Manager, runner, reader, scrapbook creator, dog walker, lizard feeder, fish watcher, turtle tank washer and Snow White to the evil queen that runs her house (the rescue kitty who has gladly taken over the castle). In her spare time, she can be found packing a hammer as she attempts to assist her husband and son in building their new house.
If you’d like to read more about Tami, hop over to her blog to see what crazy thing is happening next.
Ten Tami Brothers Facts:
- I am a mother.
- I’m the type of person who wants to DO it all, TRY it all, LIVE it all (shocker, right?).
- Highlight of my life (to date & aside from The Kid) is taking a skydiving trip for my 30th birthday.
- I LOVE LOVE LOVE Oreo cookies. Could eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I recently found a cool tip on Pinterest where you stick the tines of a fork into the creamy center between the two chocolaty cookies. Then use the fork to dip the cookie into a glass of milk. No muss, no fuss. Perfectly soaked Oreo cookies. Love Pinterest!
- I recently discovered how much I LOVE pedicures. Seriously, I wish I had pushed beyond my comfort level way back when I was younger and started investing in this luxury. This is one of the ways I truly let myself relax.
- I watch romantic movies over and over again, especially when I’m messing around on the computer or even writing. The background noise is perfect. They are also a great distraction for when I’m stuck trying to find an idea or work through a problem. The Kid think I’m nuts. He just look at the TV and shake his head.
- My Kindle Fire and the Kindle App for my phone – two of my all time favorite things in the world. I can carry my whole library in my purse or even in my back pocket. I can grab any book I want at any time of the day or night in any place I happen to be. Ten years ago, who would have thought it?
- I am an organizing nut. Okay, so I’m not the most organized person. But I love the idea of being organized and I spend a lot of time trying to get my life organized. I even have a whole segment on my blog about organization.
- I suck at editing. You will definitely see grammar and spelling errors throughout my site and my blog posts. Please don’t hammer me too much about those. Thankfully, my two wonderful editors catch my errors in my books. They are well worth their weight in gold.
- And the final cool fact about me (at the moment)… One of my favorite heroines (in film) is Helen Mirren. Although her career spans a plethora of films and theatre and she has won numerous awards, one of my favorite kick-ass scenes is with her in Red 2 where she and Lee Byung-hun are driving a sports car in a high speed chase and she says, “Show me something”. They end up spinning in a circle and Victoria (Helen Mirren) proceeds to thrust her arms out both windows and shoots the bad guys. I was totally impressed and would do anything to be her when I grow up.