1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift bags – recyclable and I’m terrible at making those corners look nice. Whoever said it was like putting a diaper on a baby had it correct. When my DS was a baby, he looked just as badly wrapped as the presents I give.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial – although I love the smell of the real ones (but now they have candles for that).
3. When do you put up the tree? Within a few days after Thanksgiving – Or sooner if I just can’t wait. Hey, it’s my tree. I can do whatever I want with it.
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually the day after Christmas – By then I’m sooooo ready to have a ‘clean’ house again.
5. Do you like eggnog? Ugghhhh. Now the Eggnog Lattes at Starbucks aren’t too bad.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I have to say the dirt bikes my parents got me and my sisters. Money was very tight and that was one time I remember really appreciated a gift.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes – I bought it for my DS when he was little. Because he wasn’t allowed to play with the fancy one at grandma’s house, it was durable and his to touch all he wanted.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My DH – If he wants something, he usually buys it for himself.
9. Easiest person to buy for? DS – He knows exactly what he wants and had the (very long) list to prove it.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Both – I keep a copy of the paper newsletter I do for my Christmas Scrapbook. It’s like a summary of what we do each year. Twenty years down the road, I know (maybe) my DH will appreciate all the ink, paper, and stamps we use each year…
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Is there really a ‘bad’ present???
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I love ALL the Christmas Carols. I spent HOURS hunting through the channels so I could record them on our DVR. (Of course, my DH now realizes why the batteries keep going dead in the remote)
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No. . . I mean, uh, maybe. (See question #11)
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Candy, Candy, Candy
15. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Depends upon the year. I’m fickle. It all depends on the mood I’m in.
16. Favorite Christmas song? At the beginning of December, ‘We Wish You a Merry Christmas’ and ‘Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.’ By December 25th, I’m ready for hunting season to begin….
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Depends on the money situation. (Doesn’t it always?)
18. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeers? Of course. Can’t everyone?
19. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve and then the big gift on Christmas day. Hey, it’s tradition. At least now I wait. Before the kid arrived, my DH had to leave my presents at his mom’s house to keep me from talking him into opening them earlier.
20. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Rude people. Come on, do you really need to honk at me when I’m letting a few cars from the on-coming lane turn in front of me??? You’d think by now they’d learn there are repercussions to this kind of rudeness. I don’t usually drive 25 MPH through town, unless one of these honkers is behind me. I’m just saying, Karma has a way of making herself known.
21. Favorite ornament theme or color? Depends on the year. This year, I love the blue and white look.
22. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? Turkey. Ham. Turkey. Ham. Hmmm. Depends.
23. What do you want for Christmas this year? A frying pan.
24. Who is most likely to get you this gift? My DH or DS. Or both. (They’d better – as many hints as I’ve given)