The fantabulous Hildie McQueen has awarded me the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award. Isn’t that the most yummy looking award you’ve ever seen? 😉 Makes me hungry just looking at it.
Receiving this award means sharing 7 random facts about me. Hhhhmmmm… Where to begin?
1. Even though my family owns a dog, a cat, a lizard, a turtle and a couple of fish, I’m not really an animal person. Yeah, I love all the furbabies (err, reptiles and slimy creatures too), but if it weren’t for Hubby and The Kid, I probably would be petless (guess that means I won’t turn into that crazy cat lady, huh?).
2. I’m a pretty solitary person. Hey, I hear you laughing over there Hildie. 🙂 Seriously, I’m a noted introvert, but through my writing and the activities I’ve made myself participate in, I’ve slowly found myself becoming more and more of a social butterfly.
3. I HATE energy drinks. Sounds silly since I drink Diet Cokes and coffee by the buckets full. I do drink Gatorade as a recovery drink after running, but just the thought of a can of Volt or Rockstar or even a small shot of 5 Hour Energy makes my stomach cramp up.
4. I am a TERRIBLE cook. Seriously. Yes, I can make more than Mac and Cheese and hot dogs. BUT I tend to do more multitasking than actual cooking. Unfortunately, this usually results in a few crispy meals. 🙂
5. I am a Ninja Warrior when it comes to fighting bugs. I am NOT a bug person. I used to freak out when I found a bug (any kind of bug) crawling around my house. Now, I grab the spray bucket of Home Defense and go on the attack. These aggressive tactics have been hell on our cricket supply for the lizard. It used to be that if one got out, we’d grab it and put it back into the cricket keeper. Now, if one of them gets out, they are pretty much done for. We usually don’t put a bunch of effort into tracking them down because… Well, I’m sure you get the picture.
6. On that note, I can’t stand mice and won’t even attempt the Ninja stuff with them. Hubby has to deal with those. Thank Heavens The Kid didn’t want the hamster replaced when it met its demise after 4 happy years in his glass house.
7. I can’t sing worth snot. Yep, dogs howl when I try to belt out a tune. They even banned the Happy Birthday song at work because of me. They say it was because there were so many birthdays and many of my coworkers didn’t want anyone to make a fuss. But I know the real truth. My lack of tone is kinda weird because I sang for six years in middle and high school choir. I often wonder if I was this bad back then…
That’s me. Anyone still wanna be my friend?
One of the rules for receiving this award is to pass the sweetness along to 7 other bloggers. After much thought, I decided to share this with: