Please note that I TOTALLY stole this from an e-mail a friend sent met. BUT, it fit so well with this week’s rants, I had to post it. My family adopted a new kitty over the weekend (no, not because of last week’s rant…. Let’s just say I lost the ‘discussion.’) and the battle between her and the dog has been ON ever since. Too funny for words. Except maybe these words….
Dear Dogs and Cats,
The dishes with the paw print are yours and contain your food. The other
dishes are mine and contain my food. Please note, placing a paw print in the
middle of my plate does not stake a claim for it, nor do I find that
aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.
The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Beating me to
the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn’t help because I fall faster
than you can run.
I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry about
this.. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your
comfort. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is
not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest
extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having
tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.
For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by some
miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to
claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge and try
to pull the door open. I must exit through the same door I entered. Also, I
have been using the bathroom for years –canine or feline attendance is not
The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other dog or cat’s butt. I
cannot stress this enough!
To pacify you, my dear pets, I have posted the following message on our front
To All Non-Pet Owners Who Visit & Like to Complain About Our Pets:
1. They live here. You don’t.
2. If you don’t want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. (That’s why they call it ‘furniture’.)
3. I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.
4. To you, it’s an animal. To me, they are adopted children who are short, hairy, walk on all fours and don’t speak clearly.
Remember: Dogs and cats are better than kids because they:
1. Eat less
2. Don’t ask for money all the time
3. Are easier to train
4. Normally come when called
5. Never ask to drive the car
6. Don’t hang out with drug-using friends
7. Don’t smoke or drink
8. Don’t have to buy the latest fashions
9. Don’t want to wear your clothes
10. Don’t need a gazillion dollars for college, and…
11. If they get pregnant, you can sell their children
(which doesn’t mean I’d give up my son, just that, well…)